The Smart Watch Revolution is upon us and let us welcome it as a welcome change.
Over the last six months the gadget curators at gizmotakeout have been following the renaissance of the “smart watch”. So what are our thoughts, read on?
There are some high profile contenders in this space like the Pebble smart watch, The Sony Smart Watch; the I’m watch and then a slew of unknown brands in this space. The review will concentrate on the Sony Smart Watch. Stay tuned for our review of the I’m Watch. We will wait till we can get our hands on the Pebble smart watch. Overtime we will dedicate a segment to the unknown Chinese brands as I am sure there are some cheap gems there also.
The Sony Smart Watch
This device is best considered an extension of your mobile Android phone. It does not work with IPhones. Of all the phones we find this the most useful as it does not try to do too much but does few things well. So what all can it do
- In a nut shell you can see Text Messages, Phone Book, Facebook, Twitter, Find Phone, Music Player Remote, Calendar Reminders, Weather, Missed Call Notification, Call Handling, Phone Battery/Signal Status, and Gmail Notifier.
- Actually you can download aver 200 widgets to this screen.
- It does display the time if you really need to know
- This is the perfect watch to have when you leave your phone for charging (which has to happen with many Android phones) or if your phone is in your bag (which has to happen with several large form factor Android phones) or if you have a big house and your phone is ringing far far away, or if your …. I think you get the picture right.
- Oh by the way, it looks good and has several straps you can use, making this a perfect fashion accessory.
Everyone should try out this watch; it will work perfectly for a few with constant use as we are looking for ways to NOT carry our phones everywhere.
We will be carrying this at www.gizmotakeout.com for a special introductory price of 39.99$ for all gadget lovers to try out. Enjoy