Microsoft is trying to do something that has not been done ever by a company, i.e. it is trying to combine both the tablet and PC operating systems into one package giving you a seamless experience whether you are using a tablet or a PC. This seems to make sense but has never been the norm. Case in point, the Apple Ipad uses a IPhone style interface while the Mac line uses an altogether different OS.
In addition they are getting into the hardware game (again… they did release the Xbox) with the gorgeously styled Microsoft Surface tablet. The pictures are stunning with it being released in several colors. The hardware specs are below
- An angled, Vapor Magnesium sturdy case that weighs just under 1.3 pounds,
- NVIDIA-made ARM chip
- A very creative sturdy built-in stand
- Twin 2×2 MIMO antennas for WiFi, and a 10.6-inch optically-bonded, Gorilla Glass 2-covered HD display.
- A magnetically attached cover, which doubles as a full multi-touch keyboard and trackpad.
- Ports include one each of HDMI, microSD and USB 2.0 as well as 32GB of storage.
As with the strategy adopted by Apple and Google with the Nexus line, the Microsoft Surface promises to be the perfect harmony of Windows 8 with gorgeous hardware. We wholeheartedly recommend it both as a stylish device and as a halo Windows 8 device. Other OEMs watch out, you just got surfaced.
As gadget lovers we will have this device at launch for 49.99$ for our users at http://www.gizmotakeout.com, under the upcoming devices section. We invite you all to try it out with us inexpensively and tip toe into the amazing waters of Windows 8.